Many insurance company’s have an Identity Fraud Expense Coverage. This is usually an endorsement added to your Homeowner’s or Renter’s insurance policy. This coverage is designed to help you get your identity back and cover the cost to restore your good name and credit.
For example – Travelers insurance has an endorsement which costs $25 per year. It will pay up to $25,000 per loss. They will reimburse these expenses in your resolution efforts.
- Lost wages as a result of time taken off from work to deal with the identity theft – up to $1,000 per week for a maximum of five weeks.
- Notary and certified mailing charges for completing and delivering fraud affidavits.
- Fees to reapply for loans that were denied due to erroneous credit information caused by the identity theft.
- Long distance telephone charges for calling merchants, law enforcement agencies or credit grantors to discuss an actual identity fraud.
- Daycare and eldercare expenses.
- Attorney fees incurred, with Traveler’s consent, for:
– Defending suits brought incorrectly by merchants and their collection agencies
– Removing criminal or civic judgments wrongly entered against the victim
– Challenging the information in a credit report
If you have any questions concerning identity theft, or would like to discuss other insurance needs, feel free to call 507-226-8121 or email me at email@example.com
Graphic purchased at fotolia.com © alexmillos – Fotolia.com