Get your boat ready for summer.
If you love the water, few things are better than boating season. Summer just wouldn’t be summer without spending those long, hot days on Lake Pepin, the Zumbro River, or cruising the Mississippi. Plus all the fun of cooling off with a lazy dip in the water, dropping a line in hopes of catching a “big one,” sunning on the beach across the river, or having an action-packed day of waterskiing and tubing.
Boating is not without its share of pre-summer preparation. If you’re not on the ball early, it’s easy to find yourself midway through July still on dry land.
- Tune it up. It’s always a good idea to have your boat winterized at the end of each season, but whether you did or didn’t get it done last year, make sure to get a full tune-up before you hit the lake this summer.
- Charge it. Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Clear it out. If there’s a chance any bit of gas from last season is still in your tank, fill it up with fresh gas as well as a stabilizer; this will prevent buildup in the gas lines and injection system.
- Give it a test. Before you get the boat all the way into the water and off the trailer, lower your motor into the water and make sure it will turn over.
- Plug it up. Ensure your drain plug is in and the bilge pump is functioning properly.
- Double- and triple-check. The last thing you want is to be turned away at the ramp for not having an updated registration or missing your ski flag or life vests. Double check that your documents are updated and that your boat is fully stocked with everything you need.
- Be sure you’re covered. If you’re not certain you have the right insurance coverage, give me a call at 507-226-8121.
I hope you have a fun-filled and safe boating season!
Email: [email protected]
[tweetthis]Get your boat ready for summer. #BoatInsurance #Summer #MNInsurance[/tweetthis]
Graphic purchased from Fotolia and used with permission. © veneratio – Fotolia.com